Alvin K. Brown, Esq. LL.M, CFE, CCEP, CIPP/US
Cybersecurity Law | Legal & Risk Mitigation
Alvin K. Brown is a National Security, Cybersecurity, and Compliance attorney serving the State of Florida. He provides legal counseling, investigation, compliance program development, risk mitigation, and crisis management services to clients in the legal, business, and government sectors.
Alvin K. Brown is an attorney and data protection and privacy consultant with over 20 years of Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) experience working on National Security, Cybersecurity, Data Protection, and Privacy matters. During his career, Alvin has served in operations, management, policy, compliance, and legal positions at the Central Intelligence Agency, Defense Intelligence Agency, Office of Naval Intelligence, U.S Special Operations Command, U.S. Central Command, and U.S. Special Operations Command Central.
Alvin earned a Juris Doctorate (JD) and Master of Law (LL.M) in International Law from Stetson University College of Law and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Interdisciplinary Social Science from the University of South Florida.
The Department of Defense designated Alvin as an Information Warfare Dominance Officer, Intelligence Officer, Counterintelligence Investigator, and Special Operations Intelligence Officer.
Additionally, Alvin holds several private sector certifications, including being a Certified Information Privacy Professional, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Financial Crimes Investigator, and Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional.
Alvin has the following industry-recognized education and certifications:
- Admitted to the Florida Bar, April 1998
- Masters of Law (LL.M) in International Law & Business, Stetson University College of Law
- Juris Doctor, Stetson University College of Law
- Florida Crime Prevention Practitioner, Florida Attorney General’s Office
- Board Certified in Security Management, ASIS International (former the American Society of Industrial Security)
- Professional Certified Investigator, ASIS International
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Certified Financial Crimes Investigator, International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators
- Certified Pistol Instructor, National Rifle Association
A PROUD MEMBER OF